Sunday, July 13, 2008



The flowers appear on the earth;
the time of the singing of birds is come.
Song of Solomon 2:12


Hope all is well with everyone~
All went well with my colonoscopy, it was just as everyone claimed, the prep beforehand was the worst part! All was good, with a few minor exceptions~~thankfully! I don't think the dr. was so sure going in (no pun intended!!) considering my history. Glad that one's over!

Was able to visit my sister and family at Nags Head for July 4th. We had a great time although it seemed like a short time. Ellen and Shawn's new restaurant (Food Dudes Kitchen) did a record weekend! Even for a small place, it is alot of work! Keith and I enjoyed the fireworks they had at Nags Head Pier. Good times!

Have a CT and bone scan coming up on Tuesday. Please keep me in your prayers! I'm praying the meds I have been on have shown improvement with my lymph nodes. They held my Avastin treatment again this past week due to the fissure found on the colonoscopy. I think they are just trying to be cautious; apparently there can be problems with the Avastin. The PA reduced my dosage of Xeloda due to dry cracking feet. I thought I was just in desperate need of a pedicure! Oh well, so I've had to go to bed with A&D ointment and socks on to remedy it! So much for getting a pedicure~they don't even recommend it--darn it!

Take care! {Hugs to all!}
Leslie

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad your test was good, that you had a good 4th and that this weeks test will bring good news as well. Hang in there... You have the love of your family and all your friends to back you up. We are all in the the Long Haul.

Grace said...

of course i will be sending postive thoughts and prayers your way for more successful tests, your photo of lilies is beautiful!!