Sunday, February 15, 2009

February 15

Thought I would give you the latest update: went back to the dr. this week to go over my scans, and did not get the greatest news. There has been slight progression in the tumor nodes, so we're changing the ammunition again! My dr. is also referring me to a surgeon at Wake Forest Baptist to discuss a possible "debulking" operation, something that is quite complicated and the recovery time I hear is very long. Anyway, that is still in the discussion stage since we will have to see what that doc says. Since I still have quite a bit of fluid from taking the trial drug, my dr. also suggested I could get that removed. Again, based on the last mishap with the needle biopsy, you can imagine I'd be nervous about another needle! Other than that, I was extremely dissappointed (as you can imagine) that I didn't have better results from the last 8 week treatment. I still have so much to be thankful for, my organs are still clear, but there are a few possible weak bone spots in my left hip area and lower lumbar area. They don't seem to be overly concerned about those areas since I'm getting the bone building drug Zometa. My schedule will be once every 3 weeks, starting this past Friday with Doxil, and so far, so good, I have felt ok. Looking forward to heading out to visit my sister in Nags Head on Thursday to celebrate my nephew's 2nd birthday. At least with this schedule, I can at least put it out of my mind for a few weeks in-between!

Wish I had better exciting news to share with you all but there isn't much to tell! I'm trying not to get down in the dumps over all this, but some days it is hard to run from the bad thoughts. Thanks to you all for your continued love and prayers, they mean so much!

I hope you all are well!
Take care, {Hugs}
Leslie

1 comment:

Bluebird49 said...

Hi Leslie--I read at Jennifer's that you had lunch. I'm glad you felt like getting out.

I pray that you're getting along better than when you posted. I'm hoping for much better days for you!