Friday, May 8, 2009

May 8th

Hello All!
Gosh, the months have flown by and I haven't given an update! Well, let's see.. where do I begin? Instead of trying to back track, I'll just give you the latest. I have had 3 mths of Doxil (once every 3 wks), and had 9.2 liters of fluid removed in the last 8 weeks, at 2 different intervals. I'm holding up surprisingly well. No bad side effects from the Doxil, and my recent scans showed things to be stable. (I'll take that!!) So, at this point, we are continuing with the Doxil and Zometa for at least 4 more treatments, and crossing our fingers that the fluid will stay away so we won't have to repeat the pericentesis too often. Apparently there could be problems with having it done too often. I have been so relieved each time I have had it removed, besides looking and feeling like I am 7 mths pregnant, and having so much acid reflux, it was unbearable! Had a treatment today and all went well except for the big wait time to get back to the treatment room. I'm starting to feel like I am always waiting at the wrong bus station! Can I change my direction here??? oh no..you are on the bus, you gotta keep going!!!

I'm settling in at home more, trying to enjoy it after working for 25+ years. The Spring has been beautiful and I have been able to enjoy planting some flowers on my deck, curl up on the days of rain with my sweet dog, Tanner, and finally sit down with a cup of coffee and read the newspaper! I was so out of sorts for months, but I guess I finally realized I could try to make the day what I wanted it to be! I have beat myself up for days I've had to go back to bed, but I know I have needed the rest too.

I hope everyone is doing well! I want to thank everyone for their cards, prayers, friends and family who have graciously had me over for lunch and/or brought dinners for me and my family. It has meant so much to have the support of my family and friends. I love you all! I promise I will try to do better at updating this blog.

{Hugs~Leslie}

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Jennifer and I are at my house tonight (we're supposed to be knitting ... but we're checking up on YOU!) So happy that you have updated your blog!!!!! When are you going to surprise us on a Wednesday night again?! We would LOVE to see YOU any time!!!!!!

Tomi and Jennifer